"...the way we live, what is happening..."

"...fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel      This is what's happening.  This is the way we live.  We found and salvaged this artificial plant from alongside a trash bin. Add a clearance-priced string of lights leftover from Halloween--and a magical effect is happening in the corner of our front porch. It's equally cheerful in the daylight.

             And this is what I'm wearing today - I go to ceramics this morning and will meet a friend for coffee this evening.  In between, some research and study....
                


Thrifted skirt, first time wearing
Thrifted jacket from my closet
Thrfited black blouse
Thrifted gold necklace
Thrifted earrings (you can't see them, but they're unique!)

4 comments:

  1. Nice outfit. I can't get over the great things you've found by "thrifting". I go look but rarely come home with much.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty skirt! i'm considering putting up outdoor Christmas lights extremely early this year. because i'm crazy. but i love lights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I REALLY like this outfit! Don't ya just love dressing like a lady, even if you are just going out and about? I'm curious as to what it is that you are always holding in your hand? a mirror? a cell phone? a camera?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you go again, wearing plaid - my FAVORITE! Did not get many trick or treaters this year I think it's beause I didn't put up Halloween lights outside. Something to consider for next year!

    ReplyDelete

Hope to return your visit soon! Thanks for leaving a message...