the autumn un-mantel

 Time and circumstances prohibit me from giving the mantel the attention it deserves.
 My heart really isn't into it.
(And besides, I can't find the note telling me where I'm storing
the autumn decorations I so vigorously sorted out last year....)
 So, this is how it's going to be!
Two white pumpkins (the lidded one I made at a ceramic shop a few years ago),
the wooden fowl - already on the mantel,
 and a couple of tins from my collection sporting autumn color.
 This year I shall spend my free time looking at all YOUR beautiful mantels
and sign with envy...

5 comments:

  1. I am so not the decorator, much to my shame. You're ahead of me with your humble mantel, so I thank you for the reminder to get out the few items I have and season up the place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my dear! I think you've done a fabulous job here-festive, homely and just right! I don't have a mantel, but I remember my one from my childhood home which featured an assortment of different ornaments and pictures! Thank you as always for your lovely comments and I hope you are keeping well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly understand the lost items! I want to toss out all and start (or not) again sometimes. I think you have done well here...this speaks of autumn too...white is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your fall items on the mantle are charming and festive enough on their own. Often I have done the same for other occasions as well. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mantle looks quite nice to me. I don't think you need to hunt for the missing box.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete

Hope to return your visit soon! Thanks for leaving a message...