linoleum

 We took an hour or so out of our Saturday to visit
an antique mall in a neighboring town.
It had been awhile since we'd been there.
We were pleasantly surprised by how full it was
and the addition of many customer-friendly touches--
like baskets throughout with signs inviting us to use one to gather purchases
and well-marked maps to help navigate through the maze of rooms.
Honestly, we don't "do" antique malls to buy things.
We go for entertainment and education.
Do you know what I mean?
After about 1/2 hour, I'd hit my saturation point.  One booth blended into another.
And I left with pictures of...
LINOLEUM. 
Just plain old worn-out linoleum.
Can you imagine how beautiful it was in its day?!?
linoleum


13 comments:

  1. I do understand about visiting antique malls. And you have to be in right frame of mind to begin with. I, too, can feel overwhelmed with "stuff" after a while. Waiting on whale of an ice and snow storm for tonight. I am not happy about it, but am trying to be resigned to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WAS in the right frame of mind to begin with....then it just got to be TOO much. :)
      Hope the ice storm doesn't take out your elec. power....Not sure what has happened outside here yet. I see snow. It's very, very quiet....

      Delete
  2. I just go to look and if something hits me I'll buy it. Mostly I just look to get ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think those malls are overpriced :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The linoleum on the stairs looks like they were going for a "carpet" look. I enjoy finding touches of old time decorating even it they are as worn as these steps.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder why they quit making linoleum...we always had it in our house when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinions, some of these old patterns are very, VERY beautiful.....

      Delete
  6. Rebecca,
    I know just what you mean about reaching your saturation point, pretty soon you just can't focus anymore!! I love thrifting and antiqueing but just like you I have left many times with nothing because I was suffering from sensory overload, Ha Ha !
    Have a blessed day!
    Teresa
    sugar, spice and whatever's nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and then I go HOME to "overload"!

      Delete
  7. Hi there! This last pattern looked like it was very pretty back in the day! Hope you're well and wishing you a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE linoleum. Every time I find a piece I wash and polish it and put it on the floor of a cabinet. It reminds me of home.
    I like you blog and am signing up. Hope your husband is healing, it will take time, I know. You've had one heck of winter/spring. Hope the summer finds you both getting back on your feet.

    ReplyDelete

Hope to return your visit soon! Thanks for leaving a message...