a smple grill

Purchased several years ago for $15 at a garage sale,
this simple grill is getting a workout this spring.  
We're using it more than ever now that my father has come to live with us,
and we're eating more meals at home!
Last night (in spite of cooler temperatures), Gary grilled leg quarters -- 3 large ones.
Enough meat left over for at least another meal for three!
I tried something new to me.
Employing a small, old cast-iron skillet, I sliced some golden Yukons
and added onion and garlic salt.  
I poured a bit of melted butter over them 
(probably should have used olive oil), 
covered it with foil, and put it on the grill.
We will definitely do this again! 
And next time, I'll slice one more potato!
So simple.  So delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good, Rebecca. Glad you are re-discovering the joys of outdoor barbecuing! Susan

    ReplyDelete

Hope to return your visit soon! Thanks for leaving a message...