christmas homes tour

One of our Christmas "traditions" is taking in the annual Christmas Homes Tour
in an old, stately neighborhood in Fort Wayne.
Nine grand homes of previous generations are being (or have been) lovingly restored
and generously opened to an appreciative public
in all their Christmas splendor.
After dropping my cell phone several times early in the afternoon,
I gave up taking photos and just enjoyed the Walk.
Refreshments were served in this Carriage House
behind one of the homes on the tour. 
Large, expansive bathrooms with the most modern equipment
were obvious trends on this year's tour
(as was the color gray--in many shades and tones).
Even with many elegant and expensive furnishings and finishings on display,
simple things and scenes brought me the most pleasure.
I'm hoping my husband will make me a wooden star like the one in the window here...
 I'm a simple girl at heart, I guess.
I returned from the tour
to our own old house to see it with fresh eyes and appreciation--
and a few ideas to implement as well!

2 comments:

  1. That gray bathroom is lovely. Enjoyed touring with you and got a giggle about dropping your cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to tour homes, Rebecca. I'd love that. Susan

    ReplyDelete

Hope to return your visit soon! Thanks for leaving a message...