bonus items

This was the scene from the backseat of our moving car last night
as we returned home via the scenic route
from emptying the trunk of its contents in the deposit box
of a thrift store.
My husband and I completed a challenge TODAY--
each of us gathering and ridding the house of the number of items
to match the number of every day in February.
Today, the 28th, we totaled it all up...
812
Buoyed by the success, I proceeded to gather ten bonus items this morning...
primarily jeans and other denim items that (realistically) I will never wear.
It's been a great exercise.
We plan to continue on a smaller scale.

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I think you've inspired me to do the same for March. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhhh. Let me know how it goes! It really made a "chore" kind of fun - and the feeling of accomplishment is wonderful.... I'm not sure we're going to approach March in quite the same fashion, but we have more to GO!

      Delete
  2. That is inspiring Rebecca. I don't think I have any where near that much excess, but I'm going to search out the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like a lot, doesn't it. I confess that one day I counted individual recipe cards that I was never going to bake/cook.... It was good for us. I was surprised at what was hidden in drawers; stored in attic, etc.

      Delete
  3. This is a wonderful way to inspire donating items that aren't being used to someplace that others may find a use for them. Clothes I seldom donate because I don't buy many.
    Books I never donate I just look for them and buy more :)
    My collections I just keep because I love them...come to think of it I guess that I do very little donating and lots of keeping:)

    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Hope to return your visit soon! Thanks for leaving a message...