throw aways

Sadly, missing 4 pieces.
Imperfect, but beautiful.
(Not unlike our country...Not unlike ME!)
I'm reluctant to throw it away.
***
I enjoy finding unique jigsaw puzzles like this one at thrift stores.
For a quarter of a dollar or so, I've purchased many hours of relaxation.
To be honest, my husband puts in the most hours,
but there is something soothing to me about having a puzzle in process.
***
When we finish them, we pass them along to friends who pass along theirs to us
or return them to the thrift store.
If pieces are missing, we sometimes discard them.
This one is VERY hard for me to throw away...
 
 

3 comments:

  1. It's the great karmic loop of jigsaw puzzles, imperfections and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoyed working jigsaw puzzles. I think it's something I need to take up again. Even with the missing pieces, yours is still inspiring. Very patriotic. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful but not perfect, our countries and us. Retirement homes might like your puzzles, I volunteer in one and residents like to do them.

    ReplyDelete

Hope to return your visit soon! Thanks for leaving a message...