To Maggie...



Maggie,

I confess to being uninspired since returning from vacation.  I didn't get back into a walking routine and within a couple of weeks, I gained enough pounds to make my clothes uncomfortably tight.

Well, the past three days, I have walked 30 minutes (slower than I was walking before), but at least I'm doing SOMEthing.

Meanwhile, this morning, this is the outfit I wore.

I am not visiting the thrift store so much.  My closet is full.  I don't need one more thing.  Perhaps I shall return to the stores in the future.  I DO miss it.  But my house is just too full.  I WILL be posting some of my favorite thrift store finds of the past from time to time.  I really HAVE found some "lovelies".  For now, I need to sort through my "stuff" and get rid of some to make room in my "head"!

Does that make sense to you (anyone)?  It was good to be missed.  I'll not neglect this blog.  Thanks for checking in.
Rebecca

5 comments:

  1. I understand completely where you're coming from with the statement "sort through my "stuff" and get rid of some to make room in my "head"!!! I couldn't have worded it better myself. I've been cleaning out and giving to a local thrift store that the proceeds go to Appalachian Outreach and Samaritan House. Makes me feel good to give to somebody else. I don't like yard sales...been there done that....so I choose to just bless somebody else with what I no longer need!! Maybe that's the key word, Ms. Rebecca..."need"...instead of "want"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was getting worried...I've missed your posts.
    Glad you are okay and back with us. I completely understand, whenever I get back from India I feel ashamed of the amount of "stuff" I have. I've already started a charity bag.
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, Rebecca. I can totally identify with too much "stuff." On my daily To Do list,I've written down 'clean out closets' several times. Haven't done it, either. But I will....by the end of this week! Once I clean out, if I go thrift store shopping, I justify it. So glad you are back, too. And glad to know that walking really does make THAT much of a difference. Gives me hope! Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably all of us who follow your blog can identify with "enough!". Our local Goodwill fell heir to bags and bags of items recently culled from our closets. However, it's a win-win situation...someone else can use what we pulled and I get to add something "new" to my collection. Thrifting still beats retail hands down! Thrill of the hunt...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is exactly what I've been thinking too, Rebecca! I need to sort through all my stuff in my home in order to sort through the stuff in my head!
    I've been looking through your past posts here too and loving it all! Great finds!
    Enjoy your purge!
    My sister and I have just begun a walking routine this week! Wish us luck!
    Love to you,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete

Hope to return your visit soon! Thanks for leaving a message...