Vintage Christmas Monday #4


Our youngest daughter made this wreath in school in 1987.  Her little hands were traced, the forms cut out, and assembled.  I  laminated it a few years later and it is one of my favorite decorations.

This stack of books in our Christmas cabin includes some vintage volumes.  The pictures are a joy to visit each year.






A vintage tin rests atop it...

The stack of Christmas issues of Ideals continues to grow.  I think a few copies would fall into the "vintage" category.

Though a 1990 publication, this book contains two vintage stories, one written in 1966 (my high school graduation year) and the other in 1973.  The entire Miss Read series is a delight to read.

I don't know the history of this horse but it looks vintage.  It joined our household when we found it waiting to be burned on a burn pile!  A minor repair brought it back to its current condition.

For a look at more wonderful vintage Christmas items, be sure to go to Anything Goes Here!
Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

  1. Nice Vintage Christmas books!
    Your daughter's wreath is even nicer :+)
    Have a sweet day ~
    Franny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those vintage Christmas books are fun to look at. I have a few from the 1950s and scanned some pages for my "Vintage Thingies Thursday" posts the last couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your collection of vintage Christmas books... one can never have too many of those treasures... Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you rescured that horse! I can't imagine it being thrown out.
    The wreath your daughter made is priceless. Wonderful way to remember how little her hands were.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rebecca....Oh, I LOVE Ideals. It always has great photos and poems. Love all Christmas books, too. At used book sales, I can never resist adding more to my library! Hope you have a good day! Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. what lovely things! the horse is so beautiful, I can't believe someone would throw it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wreath is precious as I am sure your memories of your little girl are.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for saving the darling horse! Also, your books are such wonderful reminders of times gone by.
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your vintage Christmas items. I remember the Ideals magazine. My mom had a few of those when I was a kid. I can't believe someone would throw out that rocking horse. We have one around here that someone gave us when my oldest was a toddler. It's so sturdy, I can't imagine ever getting rid of it.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete

Hope to return your visit soon! Thanks for leaving a message...