Looking Back at the Week


 We found this great brass umbrella/walking stick holder
just this past week.  My husband polished it and I think I've already
sold it on a local facebook virtual garage sale site!
(I'll be kind of sad to part with it, though...)
I liked these trays when I ran across them at a garage sale a little over a week ago.
 Light, portable and a little rusty,
the two of them have already proved their 25-cents-worth!
Outdoor trays they are.
And OH - wait till you see what I found yesterday!
These, for starters!
 A wooden box.  I have a "thing" for them...
 Pottery bowl from Shakers & Thangs, Marshall, TX
and a vintage pillow case (I ♥ the colors)!
And this desk!  OK.  It was purchased last Saturday...
repaired and painted by my husband.
He finished it this evening.
I think the desk and pillow case belong in the same room, don't you?

12 comments:

  1. Oh my, Rebecca. You are chalking up some really good items. Good for you! That umbrella stand would be a keeper for me. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the umbrella stand, too (would have used it to hold my small collection of canes if I hadn't gotten a good offer on it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The umbrella stand is awesome! I also love the desk in that lovely aqua color!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I soooo feel the same way! We would definitely have been friends had we met in person! I scrolled your blog and among other similarities, just about all your thrift finds I have bought or would have bought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just love your treeasures, and your blog!! Thank you for stopping by I am your newest follower.

    smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  6. The desk is the most perfect colour and I'm loving the tray table! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your husband is tireless! I know that you applaud and thank him endlessly, but pass one on from your blogging friend, Jackie.
    He's terrific at restoring and re-doing. Great!
    We have been in Waynesville. I know that you know what a wonderful week it was for us.
    Love,
    J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good reminder, Jackie, to applaud and thank him endlessly. I sometimes lapse in this regard. I'll definitely pass on your comment. I can imagine what a wonderful week you've been enjoying... ♥Rebecca

      Delete
  8. Wow you guys always find great stuff I love how you fix up the furniture ~Enjoy those new treasures and have a great Memorial Day Weekend Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. The desk turned out wonderfully, your husband is a master at the fix up. Like that box, I too have a thing for boxes.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is (master-at-the-fix-up) indeed! I am blessed.

      Delete

Hope to return your visit soon! Thanks for leaving a message...