you can't tell a book by its cover

My outfit is really boring today, but I'm proud of a simple covering I made for a hardback Bible I bought at a thrift store and plan to give to an acquaintance who expressed an interest in having one.  I'm pretty sure the book had never been opened until I bought it.  Since it's going to be a gift, I will not divulge the incredibly low price I bought it for!  Let's just say it was far less than a candy bar!

I used to cover our children's school books with brown paper bags--cheap and sturdy.  The kids decorated them variously.  For THIS project, I stenciled the recipient's initial and coated the entire cover (front and back) with a couple of coats of ModPodge.

4 comments:

  1. Great Idea very cute~Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your friend is going to be delighted Rebecca. What a great way to personalize a gift.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. A lovely idea to personalize your gift.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember covering my children's books with paper bags, they were so sturdy. I like your idea of using it almost as a canvas to decorate!

    ReplyDelete

Hope to return your visit soon! Thanks for leaving a message...